Registration & Networking Breakfast
Welcome and introduction
- STRIDE stands for Short-Term Relocation International Development Exchange, is an international talent development program that provides opportunity for High Potential employees to work overseas for international exposure, cross-border networking and best practice sharing
- This program has rolled out across seven regions including APAC, UK, Europe, China, Japan, Latin America and Middle East & Africa
- It has successfully aligned talent management with the wider business needs and is proving to be winner for AIG
- Positive feedback received from business leaders, line managers and participants. Critical talent development and engagement have been achieved through program implementation
- Find out how and why this programme was created and how you can adapt it to power the development of talent within your own organization
In this session immigration specialists and senior corporate practitioners will draw on their experience and those of clients to explore policy changes and how to best ensure compliance in immigration. Topics to be discussed include:
- Reviewing how current immigration policy in the APAC region is impacting business
- How are the fair employment requirements (such as those in Singapore) impacting on mobility?
- Strategies to minimise risks and ensure compliance across multiple jurisdictions across the APAC region
- Increased scrutiny for Singapore employment pass regime: Quota restrictions and increased salary thresholds
- Recruitment data and the importance of keeping and retaining this information
- MOM requesting for additional information even for cases where the employer is not on Watchlist
Building a successful career in mobility – tips on how to gain the right experiences, build your profile and advance your career
- Overview of the mobility job market
- Building your ‘brand’ • Identifying and developing new future ready skill sets
- Differentiating your profile • Jumping the fence – moving from the vendor to client side and back again!
- Case studies and success stories
Developing your voice for greater influence and impact
Do you sometimes feel like you are not being heard? In today's volatile and distracted marketplace, there is so much noise going on around us that we can sometimes be overlooked, misunderstood or even ignored by the very people we need to influence if we are going to have the impact we want in our career.
During this practical, hand-on workshop, you will identify the roadblocks that currently exist for you in this area, and walk away with skills and strategies to give you more confidence to speak your truth with power. Grant will take through what it takes to master crucial competencies such as:
- Bridging the confidence - competence gap
- Influential presenter skills
- Assertiveness techniques
- Disagreeing gracefully
Take this opportunity to catch up with your peers and make new connections with specialist providers
Corporates-only Sponsored Roundtable Discussions:
Hosted by: AIRINC
Immigration compliance - the lynchpin of cross-border business (travel)
Hosted by: Rajeeva Chandra, Practice Leader - APAC Advisory & Compliance Services, Fragomen and Maimunah Bakhit, Assistant Manager, Fragomen
Where are we heading: Understand how the role of mobility is changing and adapting to new workforce demographics and dynamics
Hosted by: Girlie Velasquez, Director, Global Account Management, SIRVA
Hosted by: Weichert Workforce Mobility
Supplier Workshop: (For all supplier attendees not hosting the sponsored roundtables)
The Inside Track on Procurement and Supplier Selection Process
• Understand the importance of having clear objectives for your RFP and how to stand out from the competition
• How to establish relationships with key stakeholders in the process to maximize efficiency and continuity, maintain clear communication with key staff and manage expectations during the review process
• What should go into a RFP to ensure it clarifies supplier capabilities and aligns with stakeholders’ needs?
How the workplace is evolving and its impact on global mobility, including technology development, compensation and benefits, demographic changes and diversity.
Topics to be discussed include:
- What is the Future Workplace? What is the role of AI?
- How is connectivity changing today’s workplace? How is global mobility affected as employees have increasing ability to work from anywhere?
- How is technology changing the workplace, and more specifically mobility as a function? What are the opportunities for self-service and process automation?
- How should technology tie into compliance?